Tuesday, January 7, 2014

This Week in Thoughtful Consumerism, Vol. 6

I’m sure the last thing anyone wants to think about after the indulgence of the winter holidays is consumerism, but today’s post is light-hearted and fun.  I have just a few things to share with you, so let’s do this!

* I for one am delighted to hear that the Color of the Year for 2014 is radiant orchid.  I love me some purple, that’s for sure!  It was my favorite color as a child, and I feel pretty wearing it as an adult.

* My friend Jeremy shared a beautiful post recently.  Be sure to watch the film he made!  That is the feeling of sacred materialism.

* Also from Jeremy’s post, I have fallen in love with the song “Supersymmetry” by Arcade Fire.  Not a bad theme song for 2014, if you’re into that sort of thing.

* For Christmas, my sister and her fiancée gave me those river shoes I mentioned a while back!  I heart them and have been wearing them all over the place, including City Park in New Orleans.

Finding Roots

That’s all for today, friends.  Have a wonderful day!  To my snowbound friends, be safe and stay warm out there.

No comments: